Friday, April 30, 2010

All About Wine

I like to drink wine. I suppose maybe it's because I grew up with it? As a California girl, my mom and dad always had wine with dinner, it was the norm. I personally did not start drinking wine until I spent my junior year of college studying in Italy. In Italy wine was inexpensive in fact you could buy wine for as much as bottled water.

I remember sitting in our apartment at Via Montecengio drinking Frizzante wine that was $2 a bottle andit was actually good wine. When I threw a party for my 21st birthday (in Italy you throw your own b-day parties) my sister came shopping with me and we had a cart full of wine. I distinctly remember her asking isn't this too much wine. No I said, it will get finished. Not only did we finish the wine but my friend Elsa went home and raided her dad's cellar so we could have more wine.

Drinking wine is an experience. It's social and brings people together. It can help set the mood, enhance food and help you relax. Over the years I have learned a lot about wine by drinking a lot of it and by attending tastings and various wine events.

Friends come to me seeking advice on what wine to buy, how to taste wine etc and so I decided to start this blog to discuss good wines I have tasted, share information about fun wine events that are coming up and review wine events that I have been to because the best way to learn about wine is to drink it. Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment